Friday, September 18, 2009

A Whole New World

On the way to a Phillies game....GO PHILS!!!

Well, it's officially that time of year where things start to cool down and the schedule starts again. The schedule is always hard to get back into, but everything else about fall...I LOVE!! It is definitely my favorite time of year. This year has a lot of changes to get used to. I am now setting the table for five (maybe six when we can occasionally talk Meredith into eating breakfast with us after seminary.) It's pretty weird. But since we have downsized our table, we are at least not dealing with empty spots. Even though it was hard to see Emily and Stephanie go to Utah, I am so glad that they are out there with Janelle and her family and are able to spend time together there.


Around here we are trying to get used to school and seminary. It is a whole new world for Evan. He started kindergarten this year and is really loving it. Our school has an extended day schedule where the morning and afternoon sessions overlap. He is in the afternoon session so he catches his bus at about 10:40 and gets home a little after 3:00. I think it is the perfect length of time for him. He loves taking or buying his lunch.
His bus driver is the same woman who has driven each of our kids to kindergarten. She said, "I saw that last name on the bus lists and said...' I have to have that route...I have driven all of their other kids!'" Good old Mrs. Esch. If you ask Evan what he did that day when he first comes home, he usually tells me one thing like, "we went to gym" or "we had art". But as I watch and listen to him during the rest of the day, I hear him singing new songs or telling Nate or Meg about someone in his class. He was so ready to go to school...it is so fun to see him enjoying it so much. Here are the traditional "first day of school" photos.












2 comments:

  1. MOMMA!
    1.lovin' the new layout! WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO DO THATT?! ;]
    2. Thanks for that picture of me, it's grand.
    3. You are welcome for that picture of Evan!
    4. Haha, Meredith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 1st day of school pics. maybe i should have gotten one of scott. :) and I'm glad evan decided to wear his game day shirt. I didn't even know they made small ones his size.

    ReplyDelete