Friday, August 10, 2012

Up, Up and Away

There is an annual balloon festival held about 1 1/2 hours north of us.  We went up to it probably 15+ years ago with the older kids, and Steve REALLY wanted to take the younger ones up this year.  I will admit that since it was supposed to be hot and humid with a pretty good chance of thundershowers, I didn't really want to go.  But we did go and although it was definitely hot and humid, we had a great time and are so glad that daddy "made us" go.  Here are some of the great scenes we enjoyed.

There were tons of booths giving out free food and merchandise.  We snapped this photo in front of the yogurt booth.  

The inflation begins

Some of the first ones up


Check out Darth Vader.....pretty cool

Can you find the smiley face and the strawberry?

Such a beautiful sight

This one shows the fire heating up the air inside the balloon

Megan and Steve enjoying the view

Old Glory against an amazing sky

I guess it was T-Rex's birthday

Here is just a sampling of our free loot.  We had already eaten quite a bit of it...crazy!!!
Thanks for taking us, Dad!!!


2 comments:

  1. So fun! That is a crazy amount of free stuff! I'm assuming it was just like vendors giving out the stuff, but I didn't know they did that there! Very cool balloons. I think Jimmie would have especially liked the Pepsi and Darth Vader ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy! I can't believe they were giving away that much stuff! And yes, I love the darth vader one and the pic of meg and dad.

    ReplyDelete