Friday, March 28, 2014

Cherry Hill Women's Expo - 2014

I like to document our women's conference each year because it is fun to look back on and learn from and remember.  This year was a little different because we got our idea from a conference in Janelle's stake to invite the community and make it a missionary tool in that way.  It has been a lot of work and time invested, but it turned out really well.  Pres. Vai Sikahema and his wife, Keala  were our keynote speakers and then we had three sessions of classes that followed with lunch as a choice during the last two sessions.  We had about 300 ladies there and we estimate that at least 25 of them were not of our faith.  I was especially delighted because three of the ladies that I invited came and they had a great time!!!  Yay!! Unfortunately, I did not take any photos that day so the ones I am posting are from our event's Facebook page.  Thankfully some sisters were smart enough to bring cameras.  Here are a few photos from our special day at the Cherry Hill Women's Expo.  Only a few of the 14 classes are featured.


Ahmad Corbitt's Spanish class on Using the Power or Jesus Christ in our lives


Colleen Smith teaching on making your home a sanctuary


My sweet friend and counselor, Robin AhPing, teaching her class called
60 Tips, Techniques, and Tools to Better Cooking
Robin has been my counselor for the past four years and was released just before the conference.  I will miss her wisdom and association so much.


Dinner Wise with Rikki Hein and her friend Michaela


We had very simple, elegant decorations on the tables


A picture grouping on the stage


Our box lunches were wrapped with a little tulle bow and the sisters said they looked like a little gift especially for them.  Robin insisted that everything inside was homemade.  


Some of my Medford Ward ladies having a lovely time

I am so thankful for all the hard work and time that so many people put into this great day.
I know that Heavenly Father was pleased.


1 comment:

  1. Love it! So glad it turned out so well. The decorations and lunches look so nice! Looks & sounds like it was a huge success. Awesome job! I only wish we would have been able to be there too.

    ReplyDelete