Friday, January 16, 2015

A Magical Halloween( Dumbledore Style)

So, I put off writing a post about Hallowing for a long time because I took some great photos with my camera from the pumpkin carving night and when I went to upload them onto the computer, they didn't show up anywhere.  I thought they were gone for good.  Discouraged, I put it off and then the holidays rolled in and blogging took a back seat.  Well, when I finally got around to having Nathan upload my phone photos from the last several months onto the computer, there were some great ones there.  I don't know if I also took some on my phone that night, or if the others somehow found there way into my pictures folder, but either way, we now have some fun photos to share.  

Here's Nathan in his great Halloween costume.  Not getting it?  See if the close-up below helps!


Hopefully you get it, now.  :)

And here is our Dumbledore!  He decided the night before our trunk-or-treat at church that he would dress up as the great headmaster.  Not a lot of lead time but I think we did OK.

Casting the famous "pre-trick-or-treating" spell!  I think it's supposed to get you more candy?

Quite pleased looking

We had three boys carving this year (well, four, if you count the legendary carving master, Steve)!!  Our part-time adopted son, Jason got in on the action, too

Very intent on the process

Not really wanting to cooperate for the pose.....but, OK

Punching those guide holes can take a long time

The finished products....

......and in the dark!

Dumbledore in the church parking lot....extracting dreams, I think?

 
The boys' pumpkins in the back of the car for the trunk-or-treat

Striking a pose inside the church.....

...and posing with Harry Potter and Hermione Granger who also attended the party!!  
Such a small world!!!



2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Where on earth do you get a wig and beard like that the night before the trunk or treat?! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan's costume is AMAZING! And I love that Jason carved pumpkins with you guys!

    ReplyDelete