Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Welcome Baby Dawson!!!

I was thankful that I had plans to head to Chicago a week after Nathan left.  Stephanie was expecting to deliver her new baby on October 3rd so I scheduled September 30th to fly out.  I had been to their home yet, so it was fun to have a few days to get acclimatized to the house and with Karsten.  We had a lot of fun getting reacquainted  before the new baby came.
Here's Karsten with his Simba

And with Uncle Geoffrey added to the mix.  These two are pretty good friends!!  Geoff had just moved to Chicago to start his new assignment with Exxon Mobile.  In fact, he flew in the same day as I did in the morning, and picked me up in the evening.  He had arranged to stay in one bedroom of an apartment for a month while he looked for a home to buy.  
The only glitch in my trip to Chicago was that they lost my luggage on the way there.  It took them 2 1/2 days to locate it and get it to me.  Not very convenient, but we managed.  
Steph and Marc scheduled her induction for the morning of October 3rd.  While  they were in the hospital, Karsten and I went with Geoff to look for a home.  There was a little communication problem with regard to how long we were going to look at condos, so Karsten and grandma ended up taking an Uber home.  But, it all turned out well.  

Karsten waiting on his front steps for the real estate agent to pick us up

There were some delays at the hospital when they went in that morning but finally, that evening, we got the word that little Dawson had arrived.  Geoff was so nice to stay at Steph's apartment for a few hours so that I could go up to the hospital.  And this was the sweet little man that greeted me...
Dawson Tucker Oxborrow just chilling with Daddy

Such a sweetheart!!  

I got to watch them clean him and take all his vitals  Pretty cool!!

Opening his eyes just a little for Grandma....Hi Dawson!!

Karsten and I got to explore the park near their home.  We had tons of fun on the swings, the slide, and just generally watching people's dogs, etc.

And here are Grandma Jill and Baby Dawson

Stephanie and Dawson at their home

A proud big brother 

Sleeping so peacefully

Karsten in his new Thomas the Tank Engine pajamas

Dawson, Stephanie, and Karsten

At the doctor's office

Karsten helping Daddy to mow the grass wearing his new Exxon Mobile hat that uncle Geoff gave him.  What a dude!!

One of the pictures from our photo shoot that we attempted one day


Steph, Dawson, and Karsten

Dawson stretched out in his crib

Trying out feeding him a bottle.  What a good big brother

Good job, Karsten!!

Awww, such sweet little loves.  Nothing like a new baby to put things into perspective.
So grateful I was able to go out and be with them during this special time.

No comments:

Post a Comment