Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It Would Have Been Julie's 50th Birthday

My little sister, Julie, whom we lost to cancer in 1999, was born on November 3rd.  I realized when I was headed out to California that I might get the chance to visit her grave since she is buried in Covina which is only about 40 minutes from Stephanie's house.  It turned out that Stephanie and Marc had to take little Karsten in for a test on Sunday morning which was Julie's birthday.  It would have been her 50th.  I was so thankful to be able to travel to the cemetery and spend a little time there remembering my sweet sister.  I miss her so much.  My parents had arranged for this lovely bouquet of flowers to be on her grave for her birthday.  It was a beautiful sunny day so I sat for a while and just soaked in the peacefulness and warmth.

Such beautiful flowers

Happy Birthday, Juj.  Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment