Thursday, May 12, 2016

Our Sweet Ginny

(Written on March 30, 2016)
Yesterday we had to say goodbye to our beautiful little dog, Ginny.  It was such a sad day.  We made the decision last week.  It was a miserable decision to have to make, but we knew it was the right one for her.  Even though we knew this day would eventually come, it was still so, so hard.  I don’t know if she knew what was happening, but she was so good and patient with us all the time.  I’m sure that all the diapering and having us carry her places was not her favorite thing, but she learned to just be calm and let us do what we had to do.  She had a good last week, eating anything she wanted...always better than just regular dog food.  She went on lots of assisted walks around the yard and spent time on her pillow next to Mommy.  Daddy was kind enough to give both Evan and I blessings beforehand because he could see how hard this was going to be for us.  

The process of saying goodbye was, thankfully, very peaceful.  There was no suffering and I was able to hold our sweet girl through the whole thing.  She was so brave and calm.  I am so thankful. Knowing that she did not suffer was so important to all of us.

I am thankful for the knowledge I have that she will be resurrected and live again.  I don’t exactly know how things will be in heaven as far as us being able to interact with our pets, but I sure look forward to seeing her again.  She will be able to run like crazy again and have lots of teeth for chewing.  Her face will probably be a lot browner instead of all white like it was the last few years (though I do love that little white face).  She will even have her little missing toe back, I’m sure.  But one thing I know that will not have changed….She will come running and wagging that beautiful little tail with the black tip again like she always did when she saw us.  She loved her people and we loved her right back.  Thank you, Ginny, for being such an amazing blessing in our lives.  You have changed us for the better and we will never forget you.  You have truly filled the measure of your creation.  We hope you are full of joy now.  

SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PHOTOS
A much younger Ginny enjoying the snow

Family Picture taken at Christmas time - 2012
I guess Ginny was just checking to make sure everyone looked ok.

In the Albania scarf and sitting in the car...


Ginny loved a good tummy rub....she totally looks like she's cracking up here


More often than not, we would see only part of her sticking out of the blanket!
She loved Daddy's red blanket the very best!!


Keeping a careful watch with Lorelei out the front door - one ear up  :)


Ginny was part of every celebration!!


We're a close knit group here....
When Ginny had surgery on her toe, Nate and Megan were right there to make her feel better

A classic Ginny pose

She even occasionally snuck up to Mom and Dad's room in the morning.  
The pillows on the floor made one of her favorite spots.

She also loved Meg's room

Here's Daddy helping Ginny walk around the back yard for the Easter egg hunt this year.  It made her so happy to be with us.


These last pictures were taken the day before Ginny was put down.  I think we just wanted to make sure we had one last good picture with our sweet girl.  Trust me, these are just a few of the many we took.  :)
Just the best doggy ever!!

Being patient with Mommy...

....and Daddy....

....and Evan. 

There's a smile!!!


A little hug

Thinking about a kiss for Evan.....

...awww, why not!!  

Evan wrote a special poem for Ginny that we read at her burial. 

Laying in the sun
Is how I had fun.
When you let me run out to the "pee tree"
I knew how much you loved me.
I liked taking care of my family
Sometimes in my bed at the bottom of the stairs
And sometimes barking at dogs much bigger than me.
I will always be Ginny Foulk
Thank you for taking such good care of me.

We will love you forever, Ginny.  Thanks for being a part of our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment