Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Blessings of Visiting Teaching

Here are Dee and Heather.  I consider them both great blessings in my life.  They both struggle with medical issues which makes "normal life" very challenging for them.  I have had the privilege of being Heather's visiting teaching companion for many years.  We make a good team.  I have learned to love her and admire her.  Until this last year, Dee was a less than active member that Heather and I visit taught.  She is such a good person and has many talents which I have been the beneficiary of.  Last year, about this time, she decided that she would start coming to church.  She and I are co-den leaders for the cubs.  She also serves in the Primary.  It has been great to watch her progress.  I see the Lord blessing her in her life.
Early in March, we decided to get together for lunch.  Both of these lovely ladies had recently celebrated a birthday which gave us a good excuse to get together.  It snowed that morning which was a very late season surprise that made for a beautiful view out the back window.  We had a lovely lunch and I was reminded of my many blessings.  Thanks, ladies.





1 comment: