Monday, May 13, 2013

Megan and Jill Go to Idaho

I love to visit Idaho whenever I get the chance or have a great reason to go.  The reason this time was, of course, to go with Megan and get her settled into her new apartment.  Her Grandma and Grandpa Tucker were kind enough to store her things over the winter semester when she was at home.  We didn't have to do a major shopping trip since she had most of the basics....just bought a few groceries.
We left Utah late afternoon after the baby shower to head to Idaho Falls.  The next morning we headed to Rexburg and got her all moved in.  She is living in a new apartment complex this semester and really likes it.

Meg in front of her apartment at Carriage House

And looking out toward the street

Here is Meg in her room (notice the NJ map next to her)

I was able to spend a few additional days in Idaho with my family since Geoffrey's graduation was not until the next week.  It was fun to be there for the events that those of us in New Jersey never get to participate in.  Thanks for letting me tag along, guys.  

We spent one night with Jeri and Frank.  Since it was Frank's birthday the next morning, we got to watch him open his gifts.  Very fun....and Lucy thought so, too.  :)
Also that morning we all went to watch Bruce's son, Coulson, play lacrosse against and IF team.  It was freezing cold, but way fun.  But I forgot my camera....I will have to see about getting some photos from someone else.

Here was an unexpected sight out my parent's back window one morning.  Yep, that's a bald eagle!!

And here he is taking off....

And speaking of eagles, Ben has his eagle court of honor while I was there.  It was so fun to be able to attend the ceremony.  Congrats, Ben!!!

Here is Ben and another scout, Austin, with scoutmaster (and Dad) John

Eagle Scout Pledge

Three of my Eagle nephews....Spencer, Ben, and McKay

And the whole crew afterward

Grandpa, Ben, and Grandma

So, here was a little Monday morning surprise looking out my parent's back window.  
April 22 = snow  :)

And here was another surprise.  While walking through the mall we came across Heidi Feuz Dennert.  Heidi grew up in New Jersey and then married a guy from Idaho Falls.  Her dad, Hans, is our current bishop here in New Jersey and her husband, Wiley, works in the same law firm with my brother, Brian, in Idaho Falls.  It's a very small world sometimes, and it was so fun for me to see her two smallest children for the first time.

Loved my Idaho time.  Thanks to all who made us feel so welcome!!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! That is CRAZY about the bald eagle! Way cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic of the eagle walking is the funniest I have ever seen. And awesome to be there for ben's eagle and all sorts of other events. Sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete